Friday, August 22, 2008

Baby Update


I had my first doctors appointment this past week. Dr Phil spent over an hour just talking and checking everything on the baby. He even did an ultrasound and made it 3D. In the US, we had to pay for a 3D and here he was, just clicking away and making Kayden stand out. Of course, her head was turned the wrong way with her hand in front of her face. She has done this the last 3 ultrasounds. The time Dr Phil spent just this past week was more than the combined total of all my visits with MD's in the States over the last 7 months. Maybe birthing in France won't be so bad afterall... He said the baby looks healthy. We were a bit apprehensive about the potential size of her head, due to the fact that Shane and I, well, have big heads. When he responded, "No, her head is normal. She will be a smaller baby," the joy was indescribable!
We learned that in France, a full term baby is considered to be 41 weeks gestation...grrrr. That pushes my due date to November 14. BUT I am still holding out for Novemeber 7!

3 comments:

Valerie Abrahamsen said...

Your shopping adventures are hilarious. Unrefrigerated milk? I remember seeing the scales you spoke of to weigh veggies and also found them confusing. So PG ladies get better service! But how do they 'know' if someone is PG if the baby bump isn't there yet, OR if a woman is just oversized and prefers the faster line? I was surprised the American credit card was troublesome, but I am sure you will work that out.

Anonymous said...

WOOOO HOOOOO! Push her to November 15th!!! Great things happen on that day! :)

Chris & Amanda Dufour (a.k.a. Topher & Blondie) said...

You're little belly is so cute. I do not think I would have been willing to try unrefrigerated milk when I was pregnant. Even now that makes me feel ill. :)
We miss you all tons and hope to ichat soon!