Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Star of the Show



On Friday, Kayden and I attended our first French NATO event. It was the ribbon cutting and reception for the opening of the new Community Service Center. As we passed through security, we were both given a name tag, Kayden's being almost as big as her head. We pinned it on her blanket and went about our business. Well, she became the celebrity of the whole day. The photographer for the event kept taking pix of her, I was interviewed on camera with her in my arms and everyone kept coming up to us and asking questions about the baby. She was dressed from head to toe in pink (like I said, the color is growing on me). Yet it was amazing, that with a pink hat, pink jacket, pink blanket, pink sweater, pink overalls, and pink socks, people still asked me if she was a boy or girl! Huh, are they blind. Even the general's wife said, boy or girl? Oh, I guess a girl because of the pink. You think?

This picture is just too funny, clearly not enjoying being photographed!

3 comments:

amanda said...

She is so cute. Can not wait to meet her. Love the argyle sweater!

Unknown said...

Kayden is getting so big, and still so adorable! Perhaps in France, pink is a more acceptable unisex color than in the US? (at least for babies...) LOL. I am starting to enjoy the pink, too, which is good because Elliana's closet is already flooded with 97% pink stuff! :)

Kim Day said...

Of course she was the star...she's so stinkin' cute! And her mom is pretty hot too :) Hope you are enjoying vacation....