Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kayden, where are you?

November 7th. Just another day on the calendar. Also known as my due date. Unfortunately, Kayden did not get the memo that she was supposed to be out and as I write this, seems completely content to never show her face to the world. Its amazing how much faith and hope can be placed on one random day chosen by the medical system on which a child should be born. The French due date is Novemeber 14th, but I keep trying to tell her that she is American and should be true to her roots and come out now! I realize that most babies are not born exactly on their due date, but Kayden could have been the exception. It is a strange holding pattern that I am in- waiting for labor to start, wanting to feel pain knowing that it will lead to something wonderful.

So, in the meantime, Shane and I continue to wait, trying to occupy our time with long walks in the park, eating at new restaurants, shopping in town and some Mario Kart. The nursery is ready, the bedding washed, the clothing folded, the diapers stacked, bags are packed. Now all we need is our precious daughter!

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the American and French are wrong... The Tamara calendar shows the due date of the 15th! SO STICK TO IT! LOVE YOU!
TAM

Beth said...

I hear ya girl! I know that I am not over due yet, but the anticipation is unreal. We are in the same boat as far as preparation goes. Everything is in the car. All we need is for Sydney to decide that she is ready. Maybe the full moon will help us out. Will you take a pic of the Nursery and send it to me?

Connie said...

Hey Shane and Karen...Shane's 2nd cousin Danielle just gave birth to her first baby...Mason on November 7th which was 6 days after his due date. So we are waiting for your special news anyday. Love ya, your mom's cousin Connie

Tyler & Cathie said...

Kayden outta feel very loved....she is certainly very anticipated! That's the way every baby should come into the world! You guys are going to be great parents!
-CQ