Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Today


Today is a good day. No, a great day. The sun is finally shining without a cloud in the sky, the thermometer reading a balmy 59 degrees. Kayden and I went for a long walk along the river, breathing in the smells of spring. Trees were blossoming with pink flowers. Daffodils covered the grass. Kayakers were conquering the calm waters, stirring a longing within me to buy a kayak and join in the fun. Do those come with baby seats? Meandering through Lille, I found myself at an outdoor cafe at the "Grand Place". While sipping my "grand cafe au lait" I was able to people watch and just truly enjoy being in France. I took Kayden out of her stroller to observe the scenary and she just could not stop smiling and talking. My little city baby is not used to the wind in her hair and the sunshine in her face! Tonight, Shane and I are off to our favorite restaurant for some home made pasta and Italian wine. A perfect way to end a beautiful day.

3 comments:

Kim Day said...

yay for beautiful days outside! Amanda and I took the kids for a walk today....it's over 60 degrees!!!!! Soooo nice to be able to get outside again. Wish you guys were here to walk with us :(

Cheffie-Mom said...

Hi, I'm Debbie. Nice blog you have here. enJOY your weekend!

Tyler & Cathie said...

That sounds fantastic! Glad you got to have a perfect day like that!