Monday, May 18, 2009

6 months


Today Kayden is 6 months old. Half a year. Wow. How did that happen?
As I think about the last 6 months, I am blown away by how much Kayden has changed. Her daily new discoveries never cease to amaze me. When did she go from a completely helpless infant to a bustling little baby? Though she still is dependent upon us, her little personality is starting to emerge. Always chattering away, her new sounds are "dadadada, bababbaba, t t t t t," as well as just yelling while strolling on cobblestone since her voice becomes quivery. She loves holding her own bottle, attempting to turn the pages in her books, playing in her "office/ activity center", putting her binky in and out of her mouth, applesauce and bananas, Phase 10 playing cards, being with other kids and morning cuddle time. (I love cuddle time too!)


Each night before Shane and I go to sleep, we have "Peek on Peanut" time. We sneak into her dark room and just stare at her in the crib. It is one of my favorite moments of the day when together we stand in awe and joy over our precious daughter. Last night I was overcome by the thought of how Jesus does the same to us, smiling at His creation, enjoying what He has made. I felt like I had a small glimpse of the intense love that He has for me, for Kayden. What a gift I have been given to share this love with Kayden.


Happy 1/2 Birthday Kayden Joy!


The bear and doll have nothing on me now!!

4 comments:

Tyler & Cathie said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday sweet girl!

amanda said...

Happy half birthday Kayden Joy!

I can't believe how big she is compared to the bear now. She has grown such much in such a short time. Wonderful!!

Bekah Pogue said...

Ah, sweet girl! She is ALWAYS SMILING! No wonder, cuz she is such a joy to be around. Hugs from Auntie Bekah!

Sharlene Kanold said...

awe, she truly is becoming her own self! i love seeing her cute happy smile and those bright blue eyes. You and Shane are wonderful parents!