Saturday, May 16, 2009

Good times with Mom



These past two weeks have been filled with "hang out with mom time." She came out for 10 days to keep me company while Shane was gone on a training exercise. Of course, being with Kayden was the main draw!
It was so nice to have her here. Last time she came to visit, I had just come home from the hospital after giving birth and was a bit less inclinced to show her the sights of Lille and beyond. This trip, we were able to explore my town and its many walking paths. We also took day trips to Brugge, Belgium and a tulip show at a castle near Brussels. Even though we did get out of the house, mom's main focus was being with Kayden every second. Kayden sure misses her constant attention. I miss the extra time I had on my hands! An added bonus was that Mom was here for Mother's Day. How fun to have 3 generations of women together!
I feel so blessed to have been able to spend this "girl bonding" time with mom. We ate loads of chocolate and just enjoyed being together, with great talks and laughter. God has given me a wonderful mother, whom I admire and love.
So, mom, when do you come again??



Mother's Day in Lille

No comments: