Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Eating Out


Our favorite restaurant in town is a small Italien place called "Chez Guissepe". We have been going here about once a month since before Kayden was born. They have a small menu but every item is amazing and the pasta is made fresh as you wait. The waiters are familiar and friendly with us and we manage to communicate fairly well... on a good day.

ANYWAYS, today I took my friend there for lunch, promising her an excellent meal. As we turned on to the street, I realized the restaruant sign was no longer there. WHAT!!! How could they get rid of my favorite place!!! Then I realized that it was still there, just under a new name. AND the food was the same. The food was incredible but Kayden did not want to sit still. Also, high chairs are not common in France, so it was my lap or the stroller. She was squirming all over, whining and having "stranger anxiety" towards my friend. In my mind, I thought, how the heck am I going to survive this meal! Waiter to the rescue! Our favorite server took Kayden and brought her around the restaurant. She was giggling and having a blast. He showed her off at every table, toured her around the kitchen and held her until I was done eating. He has to do 2 rounds around the place. It was so fun to watch, as well as finish a meal. They have kept my business, even if they changed the name!

1 comment:

Bekah Pogue said...

I love this story and I love your waiter even more for being such a doll! That is one babysitter you need to pursue! Love you!